October 28, 2003
Another friend has sent me a list of "15 Pieces of Advice to Be Passed On." Thanks to that contributor and all the others who have shared bits of humor with the rest of us. If you wish, you can pass these on to your friends. Don't know that I necessarily agree with all of these, but that's not a prerequisite. Chuckles are permissible.
1. Don't imagine you can change a man—unless he's wearing diapers.
2. What do you do if your boyfriend walks out? You shut the door.
3. If they put a man on the moon—they should be able to put them all up there.
4. Never let your man's mind wander—it's too late to be out alone.
5. Go for the young man. You might as well. They never mature, anyway.
6. Men are all the same—they just have different faces so that you can tell them apart.
7. Definition of a bachelor: A man who has missed the opportunity to make some woman miserable.
8. Women don't make fools of men—most of them are the do-it-yourself types.
9. Best way to get a man to do something is to suggest he is too old for it.
10. Love is blind, but marriage is a real eye-opener.
11. If you want a committed man, look in a mental hospital.
12. The children of Israel wandered around the desert for 40 years. Even in Biblical times, men wouldn't ask for directions.
13. If he asks what sort of books you're interested in, tell him checkbooks.
14. Remember, a sense of humor does not mean that you tell him jokes. It means that you laugh at his.
15. Sadly, all men are created equal.
All of these come with a recommendation—namely, send this list to ten bright women to make their day. And to a couple of men to really make their day!